Panic Code or Button for Vista 15P

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

tzosel

Panic Code or Button for Vista 15P

Post by tzosel »

I have a Vista 15p and Envisalink 3, and I'm wondering if there is a way to activate a panic alarm. I have one of the Function buttons on my keypad setup as a panic button. I have seen from my forum searches that this is available for the DSC system by sending a 060(1,2,3) code to EvisaLink 3 to activate a Function button that is setup as a panic alarm but I haven't seen any documentation to do this on the Vista systems, specifically Vista 15p.

Appreciate anyone giving me any hints/tips/help in this area.

Thanks
DaveSin

Re: Panic Code or Button for Vista 15P

Post by DaveSin »

I'm a little bit dense, so bear with me. Why would anyone want to "activate a panic alarm" from the Local or Mobile Web Browser? I'm just trying to understand under what scenario would this be useful. Thanks.
tzosel

Post by tzosel »

Is it a absolute necessity? No. But it would round out the set of features available remotely. A couple of scenarios would be. You see activity on outdoor cameras while off site that is questionable you have the option to set off an alarm remotely to deter/scare off the would be intruder. It also gives a the same ability that a key fob/remote would, to have a panic button available to set off an alarm in a proactive way for who knows what scenario. Just seems like this should be an easy thing to provide especially since it is function that is already currently available to the DSC folks from what I understand, just have to port to the Ademco crowd.

Thanks
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

Great tzose! I thought about the issue of seeing something on a camera while writing the post. Thanks again.

EDIT: One last question: Isn't a Panic Alarm a silent alarm...no siren?
tzosel

Post by tzosel »

Function Keys can be setup as either, audible or silent panic alarm. Depends on if you want to attempt to scare an intruder away or keep them there til police officers are summoned to the property.