DSC 1616 and EnvisaLink 3

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Brandon

DSC 1616 and EnvisaLink 3

Post by Brandon »

I have an existing DSC 1616 setup which is monitored via phone line (VOIP). As it's a VOIP line that I'm communicating over, I often get failed communication errors. I don't really want to pay the added cost for GSM based monitoring. I just looked into IP monitoring and saw the EVL-3. The hardware and monitoring prices ($9) are attractive, along with the ability to monitor the status of the alarm on my iPhone.

What do I need to do to switch over to this monitoring? I see that there is an installation guide on Youtube, but that's just hardware. What is the process to reprogram the software to get rid of my old service and to setup a new service with Eyez-On? I have the installer code for my DSC 1616.
Brandon

Re: DSC 1616 and EnvisaLink 3

Post by Brandon »

I just found this:
http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2012/03/ho ... onitoring/

...which I presume is involved as part of the software setup for me?
jerryrou

Post by jerryrou »

Just put an E3 on my 1616. There were no DSC programming required changes. The E3 is wired to the 1616 as if it were a keypad. You need an ethernet cable to plug into the E3 so it can talk to the outside world. The phone line disable instructions you linked I'm sure wouldn't hurt. However you could just pull the phone wires out of the 1616. That way it won't make any calls.
Brandon

Post by Brandon »

Thanks.

I was able to install the EVL-3 without any problems (it's working great with stay/away arming and disarming). I was able to get my installer code for my DSC system, and followed the instructions from the website I linked earlier with success.