Honeywell keypad says "bF" or "Check 103" after upgrade

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

Honeywell keypad says "bF" or "Check 103" after upgrade

Post by GrandWizard »

So your Envisalink's firmware was updated and your keypad is beeping saying either "bF" or "LRR Check 103" or something like that.

What is wrong?

The Envisalink is a supervised module on the Honeywell ECP which means it is periodically asked "are you there?" by the panel. If the Envisalink fails to answer this question it can generate a trouble on your system and give you the messages listed above.

Why would this happen after an update?

There's roughly a 1 in 100 chance that during a firmware update of the Envisalink, the panel will ask "are you there?" and the Envisalink will be right in the middle of reflashing and not respond.

This happened to me, what can I do?

Don't fret, this is just a "trouble" and does not affect the envisalerts service. No data is lost. Like any other system trouble you can clear this by entering your user code and pressing "1". You may have to do this twice in order to fully clear the trouble.

How do I know if this trouble is real or due to a firmware update?

We announce firmware updates on our forum before we start the actual update process. If you see the announcement and you subsequently get this "trouble", it is most likely just do to this and not a real error.