Partition Duress Code vs EnvisAlarm Duress

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Lew

Partition Duress Code vs EnvisAlarm Duress

Post by Lew »

I own a Power832 panel (PC5010 v2.0) and I use DLS 2002. I am actually monitored via POTS and getting prepared to switch to EnvisAlarm. I presently have a Duress User Code programmed in the users section. The protocol to the CS is to directly call the police when this code is used. I know that there is a duress password that can be specified in EnvisAlarm. What would be the best way to configure this? Can I keep the Partition Duress Code? How will it be processed at the CS? Through special instructions?

Thanks,

Louis
billyrusa

Re: Partition Duress Code vs EnvisAlarm Duress

Post by billyrusa »

The EnvisaLink TPI shows:
Command 620: Duress Alarm, A duress code has been entered on a system keypad.
At least, the Board can generate this alarm. But, do not know if the CS monitors this alarm.

I am also planning to switch to EnvisAlarm. However, I would like to read some reviews before actually doing so.
simonl

Post by simonl »

I am also interested to know, if I actually enter a Duress user code on the keypad, is it correctly forwarded to the monitoring central as a duress situation?
Thanks!
Simon
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Yes, on DSC systems the Envisalink will send a SIA "HA" (Holdup Alarm) when the duress code is entered. I'm not sure if there is the equivalent on Ademco systems. I know you can create a "Duress" zone in case of hold-ups.
brandonlive

Post by brandonlive »

Is this correct? I don't have third-party monitoring, but I get no "duress" EnvisAlert when I enter my DSC duress code (user 33 or 34). There's also no duress or holdup entry in the system log on the web portal - just the system opening/closing by that user.
brandonlive

Post by brandonlive »

You can ignore my last comment - I've got the duress code feature now working properly. For future reference by others: I had thought that any code entered into 33 or 34 would be a duress code automatically on my DSC panel, but that is not the case. I had to go into user code attributes and tag it as a duress code. *5+Master Code + 99 gives you the options for each user code. Now it works perfectly.