Envisadroid updated, looking for dev test systems

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

webhiker

Envisadroid updated, looking for dev test systems

Post by webhiker »

Hi all,

I've been putting in some more functionality to Envisadroid, new version released :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nvisadroid

Most of the complaints so far have been it's inability to work with non-DSC panels.
Since I only have a DSC system, I was wondering if the Envisalink test team has an internet facing test bed of various panels that I could use to develop against to support additional panels?

many thanks
wh
nicks79

Re: Envisadroid updated, looking for dev test systems

Post by nicks79 »

Is there a manual on how to setup this App to connect to a DSC system?
webhiker

Post by webhiker »

nicks79 wrote:Is there a manual on how to setup this App to connect to a DSC system?
A manual? Really?
There are 4 settings :

Envisalink Hostname
Envisalink port (leave default)
Username (default is factory config value)
Password (default is factory config value)
DSC Code (your DSC security code)

I suppose I could add some inline help text on the settings page, but if you've already installed an Envisalink module, it's not exactly rocket science from there...

Once your settings are correct, you do need to Connect (Menu -> Connect) but that's kind of standard for Android UI's. You can change the settings to autoconnect when you open the app.

If you are having some specific issues, just let me know and I'll try figure it out for you.
webhiker

Post by webhiker »

So no response on my original question on access to some Honeywell test systems from the Eyez-On team.

Is there any kind soul out there who'd be comfortable giving me temporary access so I can develop the Envisadroid app to support your systems?
billyrusa

Post by billyrusa »

Tested on Vista 20P:
Set the HostName, port(default to 4025), UserName(user), Password. Check the check box "Connect on start".
Started the app several times, never log in to the board. Could not do anything without login. When clicking on the Lock icon on top right of the screen, got error message "Not logon".
webhiker

Post by webhiker »

Does your panel support the TPI?
If not, you won't get far.

If it does support TPI, then it might be an issue with my app, but in the absence of anyone volunteering to give me access to a system for a few days, I won't be able to do anything.

It seems Eyez-On are not really interested in supporting any developer community around their product, probably more interested in driving people to using their web portal.
Understandable, but unfortunate.
billyrusa

Post by billyrusa »

I have EnvisaLink 3 installed on Vista 20P panel and can read all the status on Eyez-on website. Therefore, I assume the EnvisaLink 3 with Vista 20P supports TPI.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

webhiker wrote: It seems Eyez-On are not really interested in supporting any developer community around their product, probably more interested in driving people to using their web portal.
Understandable, but unfortunate.
Huh? Why do you think the Envisalink is the preferred IP security interface for most HA manufacturers? It is because we bend over backwards to support developers and third-party applications whether they be apps or HA products. Indeed, that why the TPI was developed in the first place.

Are you registered with Envisacor as a developer? Have you been in contact with them?
webhiker

Post by webhiker »

And who exactly is Envisacor? And where are the links to their developer program?
Any Google search on Envisalink brings you straight here.

And instead of snarky Grand Wizard remarks at developers who've spent MANY hours developing a FREE product, how about simply some kind pointers to any of the multiple times I've raised it on these forums?

Cheers for all the motivation!
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

PM me with your email address and I'll add you to the developer email list. Just give me a run-down on what your project is. I don't really watch this forum so if you have an questions related to the TPI it is best to email me directly.

As has been mentioned in other threads, there is no released TPI for Honeywell. It is coming, it's just a matter of priorities.

Kieran