Request IP100D Mobile Friendly Portal

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Mighty

Request IP100D Mobile Friendly Portal

Post by Mighty »

Recently added this DSC portal to my home alarm system. It's great, I have been enjoying the great features of the IP100D just over the last 2 months. It has a lot more capability than the DSC TL-150. House temperature change requests work great.

SUGGESTION:
I know the true virtual keyboard is out of the question... But.

The one thing that would be nice is to offer a duplicate IP100D portal which would be a simple mobile friendly site. Example: Http://m.eye-zon.com/100PD notice the prefix "M"...

Google has a neat real-time mobile website conversion tool; but it doesn't work for secured login websites.

Converted mobile site: http://www.google.com/gwt/x?u=http%3A%2 ... 8&oe=UTF-8
GrandWizard

Re: Request IP100D Mobile Friendly Portal

Post by GrandWizard »

This is coming VERY soon. There will be an email announcement to all customers when the Beta site goes on-line.
Mighty

Post by Mighty »

Cool!!! Looking forward to seeing the Beta Mobile Portal Soon!!!

Thanks for the Great Service...
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

How soon is now ;)

The Beta mobile portal is ready!

Just log into your account and go to the "Account" page.

On that page you will find a section that says "Generate Mobile Browser Login Quick Link"

It will send an email to the default e-mail address on the account (hopefully you get that e-mail on your phone) you can also specify an additional e-mail address. This e-mail will contain a link with a secure code that will "One-Touch" log you into your account.

If it doesn't automatically open your browser you can cut and paste the link into your mobile browser and then bookmark it for future use.
Mighty

Post by Mighty »

Nice Job Rich!!! Very fast turn-around. The Mobile Portal on my Motorola Droid (Android OS) Works Great!!!

Better interface than I was expecting.

Your instructions for setting up the mobile phone portal worked flawless...

I like how you added the latest alarms zone(s) activity status to the mobile portal screen.

Coming from the boring DSC TL-150 limited board capability. This was a great purchase decision. You should definitely add this new mobile phone portal screen shots to your IP100D product store. This should bring in a whole new base of customers, if they realize the potential. :D
vicw

Post by vicw »

Rich, the Mobile Portal feature is great. Thanks for adding it. So far, I'm completely delighted with the capabilities of the IP100D, and your responsiveness. :P

I have a couple of suggestions for tweaking the portal:

1. You might consider adding a little more space between the buttons in the Send Command area. I'm using a Droid X, with a 4.3" screen, and it's still a bit of a challenge to select the desired button.

2. In the System Status display, it would be helpful to show whether the system is Armed in Stay, or Away modes.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Thank-you for your suggestions. I made the changes, let me know what you think... I'm using an iPhone so it might look slightly different to me.

I added the Stay Armed/Away Armed status message as well.
vicw

Post by vicw »

That looks great on the Droid X. The added space will make it much easier to hit the right buttons. I haven't tried the Stay/Away Arm yet, but I'm sure that will be fine.

Really appreciate the improvements. :P