Envisalink started showing Envisalerts Server as Offline

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pratk

Envisalink started showing Envisalerts Server as Offline

Post by pratk »

Everything was working for few months, till a few days ago when Envisalerts Server starts going offline intermittently. It comes back online and then goes offline again. It is slow in responding to commands submitted through Eyez-On. Any commands sent directly through module page work fine.
pratk

Re: Envisalink started showing Envisalerts Server as Offline

Post by pratk »

Still facing the issue. Envisalerts Server shows up as OFFLINE every 5 minutes and then again shows as Online.
I have made sure
1) Ports for UDP/TCP are open
2) DNS is set to Google server 8.8.8.8 and shows as same in envisalink
3) Router is restarted and working fine
appears this is not a problem on my side.
billyrusa

Post by billyrusa »

After new firmware pushed, my EVL-3 shows off-line status several times a day. There was no problem before this firmware.
pratk

Post by pratk »

I agree this appears to be a problem related to new firmware. Everything was working before this firmware.
alarmie

Post by alarmie »

I'm having the same problem and it's becoming a real security issue. I've read the previous posts about the radio error that many Vista panels received during the firmware update (and it would have been nice to be informed of this potential via email prior). Now, the system is just not working right. Please fix the firmware and send anther update to get things going.

If you haven't already done so, log onto your account and put in a "request support" email (left of screen) to get someone to look at this in a quicker fashion. They need to know about this problem now.

Update: Online support is saying they have received zero complaints of this and don't seem to be inclined to look into it further. My suggestion is start sending them complaints until they take this seriously.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Gentle users. There is no systemtic problem with 1.10.118 so any problems you may be having are isolated.

The best way to resolve individual issues is by submitting a support ticket and we will be more than happy to address your issues.
the_fog

Post by the_fog »

Mine did this very same thing for the first time ever yesterday. I have only had one instance that I am aware of but now will be checking it regularly. I have a DSC1832 panel. I will be submitting a ticket if it happens again.