Disabling zones 9 through 32 from the portal status page?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

rcl

Disabling zones 9 through 32 from the portal status page?

Post by rcl »

Hi

Please excuse this simple question. I'm sure I could resolve it myself given adequate time. I have a DSC 832 (PC5010) which I've become comfortable installing and programming. I have it set up for 2 zones out of 8 (no expansion panels). I was wondering how I could set up the DSC 832 or the EVL-3 so that only zones 1 & 2 appear on the EVL status page, or at least get zones 9 through 32 to not appear. I'm in my final cleanup & documentation phase so I thought I'd spend a bit of time to try to "pretty-up" the status page before putting this project to sleep. I assume this may be more of a question for a DSC forum but given its relation to the EVL-3 I decided to post here first. Thanks.
brandonlive

Re: Disabling zones 9 through 32 from the portal status page

Post by brandonlive »

When did you set up the Envisalink? I believe zones 9-32 should automatically disappear if there is no activity in those zones after a relatively short period of time. I don't think you can get rid of zones 3-8.
rcl

Post by rcl »

Thanks for your prompt response. I set it over the previous last weekend. Zones 9 through 32 are a semi-random mix of red and black. I don't expect zones 3 through 8 to go away. My interest in the matter indirectly stems from zones 9 through 32 being in these random states, as I'd expect them to be one way or the other. The PC5010 started from a hard reset two weeks ago and I didn't do much other than defines zones 1 and 2.
brandonlive

Post by brandonlive »

Hmm... if the zones are not active on your system, they should not be showing as open on the Envisalink portal. It's possible you've got some sort of programming error or a hardware flaw (in the alarm panel or Envisalink).

Are you sure you didn't accidentally activate any zones beyond 1 and 2? May make sense to check out your DSC forum for help.