General Help

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dmacaskill

General Help

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I just installed two IP100D's last night. This is a great product and maybe what I'm looking for is right in front of me somewhere but I can't find it. Upon installation, you have to activate your product and enter the MAC address. I know how to locate this but I couldn't find this documented anywhere. The included instructions said to remove power to the panel prior to install but did not also say to remove the battery backup. By not removing the battery, I received a trouble light that said there was a general tamper with the panel. To correct, I had to cold boot the panel. To assist in knowing what you can do with the product, it would be nice to see a detailed description of the "send Commands" and what they do. This is also true for the options under "contact", by selecting each option ie:alert, ect...what does each do and what type of message will you recieve. The Manage user names requires a help file for this also as I initially entered our passwords then description but then I read on this forum that you are suppose to enter the panel position of the user password then description. Maybe a folder on this forum called General help with help guides would solve this problem and provide everyone with the general help they need.

One other item I can't figure out is that the alerts I receive are one hour behind my Atlantic standard time. I changed the time on the panel to reflect the correct time/date and changed my eyez-on account to the correct time zone but my alerts are still one hour behind so that would be Eastern standard time. Since the alerts are generated through eyez-on and you are in the eastern time zone, are maybe your not referencing the account time zone and changing the time or did I not configure something right.

Thanks.
dmacaskill

Re: General Help

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I have armed my alarm with the ARM STAY option then tried to disarm it with the Arm/Disarm but nothing happens, I tried my PIN then Arm/Disarm and nothing happened. Can you not disarm when in ARM STAY? Thanks.
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I armed my alarm via keypad with my PIN and then through the mobile app entered my PIN and clicked Arm/Disarm and all that happened was the Program light turned red and went off. I had to via keypad disarm the alarm. Am I missing something? Thanks.
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I think I've narrowed down the problem. The web app from the website works fine with PIN Arm/Disarm and PIN *9 ARM but the mobile app does not work with these options. I tried the ARM AWAY and ARM STAY on the mobile web app and they work. The others I have not tried because as I have said in the first post is I require a help file for these options because I don't know what they do. So can the mobile web app be looked at or am I the only one having an issue? Thanks.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

Hello. I don't think anyone else is having that issue so it may be something specific to your system. Are you using 4 or 6 digit codes?
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Hi, I'm using a 4 digit code. I'm using a Blackberry Torch if that matters? I resent the mobile link to see if that corrected the probelm but it didn't.
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Well....It helps if I numlock my mobile keypad so I get numbers instead of letters for my PIN!!! And yes I feel quite silly for that one.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

No problem. I'm just glad it is working for you now and you never know someone else may have been having the same issue and just didn't say anything. Kudos to you for posting your solution.

BTW I just noticed that I didn't answer your first question about the timezone. I think you said your timezone was set on AST but you should be on ADT -3:00 now. Hope that helps.
dmacaskill

Post by dmacaskill »

Thanks. Do I have to manually change the time settings for day light savings each time?Changing to ADT corrected the date on the website, but the text/email messages are still in EDT.
EyezOnRich

Post by EyezOnRich »

For now it has to be done manually. It is on our list - but I figure we have until the fall to take care of it ;)

We've made some changes to alerting module so your text/e-mail alerts should be coming to you with the correct timezone now. Let me know if that isn't the case.